Smile For A Lifetime
Who We Are
Smile for a Lifetime Foundation is a charitable non-profit organization that provides orthodontic care to individuals who may not have the opportunity to acquire assistance. Launched in 2008, Smile for a Lifetime Foundation aims to reach individuals with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs. The Foundation sponsors the orthodontic care of hundreds of patients each year. Smile for a Lifetime Foundation has participating orthodontists throughout the US. Each chapter has its own local Board of Directors who choose patients to be treated by the Foundation.
It is our mission to create self-confidence, inspire hope, and change the lives of children in our community in a dramatic way. The gift of a smile can do all this for a deserving, underserved individual who, in turn, can use this gift to better themselves and our community.
- Letters of Recommendation are mandatory. Please do not submit more than two letters, and limit each reference letter to one page each. Please type or print clearly with black ink (no pencil). Must be written by; school, church or community leaders that know the applicant. (You may want to add that letters of recommendation should NOT be written by family members)
- Your attached 5X7 picture must be a clear picture of the applicant’s full smile with teeth showing.
- Applicant must fill out and submit: application and applicant questionnaire. (Some chapters asked for a report card as well.)
- Your application, letters of reference and pictures will not be returned to you and will become property of Smile for a Lifetime foundation.
- The applicant must be a resident of (add your service area here).
- Must be willing during the treatment period to “pay it forward” by completing 40 hours of community service at one of the charities on Smile for a Lifetime’s Volunteer Opportunities list. (Again, this is HIGHLY recommended but not required)
- Must have a significant aesthetic need for braces
- Family income must not exceed 185% of the poverty threshold (You can also post our standard Income Eligibility Form listed on MemberClicks under Forms)
- Must be between 11 and 17 years old (Age is dependent on your local criteria, we do have some doctors treat children as young as 8 and young adults)
- Must be a currently enrolled student and performing satisfactorily in school (minimum 2.0 GPA) (Some chapters require report cards)
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude
- Must agree to follow the treatment plan, and demonstrate the ability and commitment to make all appointments on time
- Must show involvement and leadership in extracurricular activities
Applications that do not meet these criteria will not be voted on by our Board of Directors. Our Board of Directors will meet quarterly to make their selections.
Return your completed application, applicant questionnaire, photo, and letters of recommendation to:
2175 Chambliss Ave. NW, Suite A
Cleveland, TN 37311
For questions call: (423) 476-7561
or Email: Aspire Orthodontics